Tuesday 8 January 2013

THE "I'M-GONNA-BE-SELF-SUFFICIENT" WAVE


Lately i got totally into this "I'm-gonna-be-self-sufficient" wave. So, anything I can avoid buying, I decided, I will.
It requires way more time and efforts, that's for sure but, besides from the obvious thing that it's a lot healthier, do you really wanna compare a quarter of hour queue at the bakery with having your house filled with the scent of baking bread?
To the joy of opening the oven and seeing your puffy, golden brown, crunchy-at-the-outside-soft-in-the-inside loaf of bread? I don't know, I get kind of maternal feelings when it comes to food. fEspecially food that gets all puffy, I noticed.
By the way, this is not about home-made bread.
Sorry.

Well, granola, we said. Or, we wanted to.
Then, granola. Mine got bunt. Just a tiny bit, but I took pictures of it so, even though that was the first plan, I can’t deny I did. But if you wanted to use this as an argument in favour of bought granola, my answer would be “C’mon, I know you can do better than this”. And this said, wonderful thing of home-made granola is that you can just choose anything you want. I actually got into it because I had this crazy craving for some almond-honey-coconut granola, and I just couldn’t find it anywhere. So that superdangerous loop for which the more you can’t find something the more you want it started, and I was just getting crazy over almond-honey-coconut granola.
And then, I just made it myself.


INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup shredded coconut
  • 1/2 cup silvered almonds
  • 1/4 cup ligh-brown sugar
  • 2 TBS honey
  • 2 TBS (28gr) unsalted butter

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a saucepan melt together butter and honey over low heat. Then add sugar and stir until it melts completely in butter. Remove from the fire and add 2 TBS of water.

2. In a alarge bowl, stir together oats, coconut and almonds and spread the butter mixture over it. Stir everything until evenly combined.




3. Spread the granola mixture on a baking sheet and put it in the oven pre-heated to 325F°/160C°. Bake stirring frequently until golden brown, say 25-30 minutes.







4. Store in a supercute mason-jar. (No idea of ho
w long you can actually keep it, we finished it in two days.)











No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...